What is a Chemical Peel
A Chemical Peel is a non-surgical procedure designed to enhance your facial appearance and can lead to lead to a healthy, youthful, glowing complexion. It reduces the visible signs of ageing, mild scarring, freckles and age spots and improves the texture and colour of your face.
Chemical Peels are skin treatments intended to visibly improve the structure of the treated skin. This is achieved by the external application of a caustic solution (chemical). It is amongst the oldest forms of skin rejuvenation.
You may opt for a single Chemical peel for instant exfoliation and skin brightening or a course of treatments which will diminish fine lines, wrinkles and skin discolourations will appear less visible. Combining peels with other skincare products and treatments delivers excellent results.
The Benefits of a Chemical Peel
- Eliminates damaged skin
- Smoothes the texture of the skin
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduces pore size
- Reduces acne flare ups
- Reduces pigmentation
- Leaves the skin with fresh new layer of skin on the surface
- Leaves your skin look younger and refreshed.
- Boosts collagen production, for firmer skin (with repeat treatments every 6 to 8 weeks).
For more information on Chemical Peels and a confidential consultation Contact Me
Chemical Peel Aftercare Advice
- It is vital that you protect your skin from the damage that UVA and UVB rays cause by using a sufficient UVA/UVB (broad spectrum) sunblock every day, even in dull weather.
- Do not touch or rub treated areas. You may gently apply mineral makeup post-treatment or apply your normal makeup after 24 hours as long as there is no redness
- avoid extreme changes in temperature for at least 24 hours
The side effects created from a chemical peel are rare and mild in nature. These may include itching caused by the regeneration of new skin cells taking place. A cold compress will soothe the skin and in extreme cases an anti-histamine may help.
If you would like to know more or to come in for a consultation please contact me using the form below or call and leave a message.