What is Microderamabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive treatment designed to improve the overall texture, tone and clarity of the skin, while restoring the skin’s colour and elasticity. It smoothes out, refreshes and regenerates the skin with a diamond tip, and removes the dead cells with vacuum suction.
Microdermabrasion can help reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and scars, sun damaged and uneven skin tone, blackheads, whiteheads, acne prone skin, superficial age spots and hyperpigmentation and excessive oiliness or dry skin.
Microdermabrasion is a non-surgical, non-chemical, non-invasive method of skin resurfacing, i.e. a powerful mechanical exfoliation. While the focus with microdermabrasion is on the surface exfoliation, there is also a beneath the surface action because of the vacuum suction. Diamond tips are used to remove the outer layer of dead or damaged skin cells revealing a more youthful skin.
Benefits of Microdermabrasion
- Encourages cell renewal
- Encourages production of collagen
- No down-time/recovery time following treatment
- Can safely treat all skin colours and skin types
- Immediate visible results
- Helps treat early signs of ageing
- Rejuvenation of aged skin
- Improves elasticity and muscle tone of skin through vacuum action
- Enhances penetration of products post treatment
- Comfortable and painless
- Smoother skin
- Can treat delicate areas surrounding the nose, eyes and mouth
The treatment takes approximately 30 -45 minutes and includes deep cleansing, toning, microdermabrasion, optional mask and moisturising.