What is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a simple and safe procedure for exfoliating the face and ridding the skin of fine vellus hair (peach fuzz).
Dermaplaning, also known as blading, removes the outermost layers of dead skin cells, leaving the skin immediately smooth, supple and vibrant. It is a non-traumatic method of skin rejuvenation. Also referred to as skin resurfacing or skin/epidermal levelling.
Wondering if you should try Dermaplaning versus Microdermabrasion? both are forms of physical exfoliation, but the methods are very different. Microdermabrasion sands and suctions dead skin cells, which also helps to uproot clogged pores around the nose, mouth and chin. Dermaplaning safely scrapes off the top layer of skin, so it is well suited for drier skin types and anyone who wants to get rid of peach fuzz. Both methods are good for almost everyone.
Dermaplaning is a great treatment in its own right but also makes a fantastic base for further treatments. As you are removing the barrier of dead skin cells, any further treatments are going to be far more effective. Chemical peels, LED masks, galvanic facials and topical products will all have better results.
Benefits of Dermaplaning
• Removes surface dead/dry skin cells
• Removes unwanted facial hair
• Causes no inflammation
• Improves skin tone
• Instant results
• Skin has a nice, healthy glow
• Skin feels incredibly soft and smooth
• Non-traumatic method of skin rejuvenation
• Can accentuate facial features and make the face appear slimmer
• Can be used in pregnant women who may be contraindicated to other treatments such chemical peels etc.
This is a great treatment to offer to clients who are pregnant or nursing who want a deep exfoliation, but are not allowed to use peeling agents on their skin because of the risk that the chemicals will be absorbed into the blood stream, and may be transferred to the foetus or the child.
• Does not disrupt pH balance of the skin
• Make-up glides on effortlessly for a flawless finish
• Improves superficial pigmentation
• Allows topical treatments to be absorbed more readily into the deeper layers of the skin
• Improves fine lines and wrinkles
• Can help to diminish scars
• Does not cause the skin to ‘peel’: no downtime
• Exfoliation treatment of choice for extremely sensitive skin, redness or rosacea, or visible facial veins
• Stimulates collagen and elastin
• The skin starts to heal itself, immediately producing newer, healthier skin Stimulates circulation of blood and lymph flow
• Enhances the natural shedding process of the skin
• Stimulates new cell growth
• Can help to minimise pore size
If you would like to know more or to come in for a consultation please contact me using the form below or call and leave a message.